Video: Computer Scientist Ramez Naam on how ideas and innovations spread
Great video from Big Think that sheds some light on how creative ideas bump into each other, have sex and evolve. Essential point is that if you want your ideas to spread, only the useful ones will survive and stick. So, it’s always a matter of using creative thinking to help solve real problems and challenges that humans struggle with. Some ideas that have stuck in the creative problem solving fields because they are useful is that we should…
– Question status quo assumptions… especially our own
– Be curious
– Ask, how might we questions…?
– Encourage combining and intersecting unlikely fields
– Let yourself get a little crazy because it helps tame our automatic fear responses which kills creative potential
– Ensure a proposed idea is useful and meets the needs of the problem trying to be solved.